June 26, 2010

Fresh

One of the things that I love most about PDX is the amazing assortment of fresh, seasonal produce and meat. I have never lived in a city so aware of what is coming from the farms and when is the best time to eat it. Coming from Florida we had 2 seasons- sunny and rainy. I try to get out to the different farmers markets around town to see what is fresh this week. I love to come home with a bag full of stuff and figure out what to make for dinner. One day it was bacon ends, lamb shanks, and swiss chard. Another it was kale, radishes, asparagus, and Walla Walla onions.

The latest edition was organic arugula, red onions, smoked coho salmon, chives from my over grown plant, and goat's cheese. I had bought a take n' bake pizza from the grocery store and so decided to toss my ingredients on to that. The result was a delicious pizza with fresh ingredients that was ready in less time than it would have taken me to order and wait for a sub-par delivery pizza.



In a city that seems to be obsessed with good pizza I am proud to say that I think mine was pretty darn good. We enjoyed it with a glass (or two) of Moldavian red wine and a good movie. It was a nice way to chill out on a weeknight and enjoy eachother's company.

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmmm seester this makes me huuuuungry!!!!

    ReplyDelete