May 26, 2011

Springing out of Hibernation

I'll admit, it was a long winter. I mean, really long. We just started getting an equal number of days with sunshine as we do with rain. But the rain lingers less every day  and the sun seems to shine forever. We were sitting on the couch last night and I realized that it was 8:30 at night and the sun still hadn't set all the way yet.

Dan put the chairs and cushions out on the back porch and I have a bottle of beer just waiting to be opened in anticipation of that gloriously sunny evening where we just sit out there an relax while the grill sizzles with good things to come.

Spring is most certainly one of my favorite seasons in PDX. Of course it's amazing that all of the flowers are blooming and everything is so green. But beyond that, it just feels like the city has come alive again. People are out at every opportunity. My coworkers are anxious for lazy lunch breaks on sun drenched decks, and I'm just soaking it all up.



So here's to spring- a renewal of life, an entree into summer, and a reward for surviving the doldrums of winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment